How to bake without Oven? It has been the MOSTTT popular query now a days!! This post has been in drafts since a loooong time.... But I was so lazy to write until I promised one of my blog readers, that my next post will be baking without oven. So, I had to fulfill my promise now lol :P
I tried Chocolate Marble cake recipe without oven on stove-top, couple of months back.. and it was just PERFECT by grace of God!! Light, fluffy, with a beautiful texture as shown in pics. And the thing I love about baking without oven is that it takes less time compared to oven :)
Lets see how it goes :)
Things you need:
A deep steel pot with a lid
A medium sized pizza/cake pan
Any heavy weight
Step 1: First of all prepare the cake batter or pizza or any other baking recipe and place in the required baking pan, making sure that it fits your big pot :) Check my baking recipes HERE. I made medium sized Chocolate - marble cake without oven using this method.
Step 2: Now lets prepare our oven ;) Take a medium - sized deep empty, dry clean pot made of silver steel preferably & place a steel stand/rack in it. P.S. The pot shouldn't be extra big. Or the cake won't bake properly.
Step 3: Next, cover the pot with a lid & preheat your pot on high heat for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Now, when your home made oven has got pre heated ;) open the lid VERY carefully with the help of kitchen towel, as the pot will be extremely hot both from inside & outside & place the cake/pizza pan on the rack carefully as shown. Make sure your hand doesn't touch any part of the HOT pot.
Step 5: Cover the lid after placing the cake/pizza pan & keep the heat high for 5 minutes.. and then lower the heat to medium & continue to bake for 20 minutes. Put a heavy weight on the pot while baking :)
Step 6: After 20 minutes check if the cake is done. Insert a skewer or knife to check & if it doesn't come out clean, close the lid again, and turn the heat high for 1-2 minutes to restore the lost heat & then to medium again for few more minutes until done.
Step 7: Remove the cake/pizza pan from the pot and allow it to cool.
Step 8: TaDaaaa.. You have got a perfect resulttt!! :)
- If u don't have a stand, place stones all over the base at least 3 inches high or place any other tin.. to allow circulate air in the pot :)
- Whenever you open the pan during baking (due to excitement lol) turn the heat high for 1-2 minutes to restore the lost heat & then to medium again for few more minutes until done.
- For larger sizes bakes, it might take bit more time & for small sized bakes, less time. Above method is for medium size.
- You can bake in a pressure cooker too, BUT without the whistle placed on the cover.
- Use a tight lid pan or place a heavy weight on the pot.. to avoid air entering into the pot.
- Do not leave the cake in the pan after baking, as the pan will be hot, and it might make the cake dry :)
- PLEASE be careful while baking without oven. Use gloves.
- You can make anyyy baking recipe using this method.
- Baking time may vary according to the recipe, density of the batter, size & kind of the pot etc. But mostly it takes half of the time that takes in oven.
Linking to Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Easy & Simple Foods